If you are one of those people who would like to improve the energy efficiency of the modular homes you should consider making some improvements and upgrades in your modular home. There are several things which can be done to increase the energy efficiency of a home. It doesn’t matter whether you are planning to carry out grand upgraded while installing solar panels onto the roof of your home or you may want to consider making small changes like changing the fixtures and light bulbs. Simply adding ceiling fans to each room can greatly increase the cooling and reduce the need to switch on the air conditioner 24/7.
The following words of advice from the experts at modular homes Perth would definitely help you in making the right decision.
Expert advice on increasing energy efficiency
- One of the easiest ways of making your home more energy efficient is to improve its insulation. Care must be taken that old doors and windows are properly sealed so as to provide energy loss during the day as well as the night. Adding foam to the walls is a great way of ensuring that the house remains insulated. on the other hand not only does it make your home more energy efficient but can also make it less prone to noise levels. It doesn’t matter if you live in a noisy neighbor hood you have the insulation to dampen the sound.
- You can try installing electrical appliances which have high energy star rating. Before you buy any appliance make sure that it is considered to be energy efficient or comes within inverter technology. This can help lower the cost of utility bills. Everything from your microwave to the refrigerator as well as your washing machine and the air conditioning unit come within energy star rating. You might need to pay more for such electrical appliances but these are a sound investment because you are easily able to make up for all the money that you have spent in the saved electricity bills.
- Using double glazed windows is also a good idea. These windows are not only aesthetically appealing but also have another feature like preventing the loss of energy because of the double glazed feature.
- With a transportable home for a modular home you also have the option of locating your home in such a position that it receives the least amount of heat during the cold weather and the right amount of sunlight during the warm weather. A simple change or rotation can greatly enhance the kind of weather that your home can receive throughout the year.
- When it comes to energy efficiency installing larger windows which allow will guide to stream main naturally would also have any impact on lowering the electricity bill. You can even make sure that the water system is built to enhance the efficiency of the water supply by buying low flow fixtures and faucets.
Get more tips for the easiest ways of enhancing the energy efficiency of a modular home in Perth from austtransportables.com.au.